Thursday, September 24, 2009

Leaving UTAR...


After I announced that I am leaving UTAR, a lot of people asked, "Since you are so happy in UTAR, why do you still want to leave?". Actually this is a question that I also thought for a really long time.

It all began in July, when UTAR started the head-count system and internal departmental transfer if head-count of the department has exceeded the limit. In July, Loans and Scholarships have been transferred to Exam Department. (I know it don’t really have anything to do with me. But still!) Since the Loans and Scholarships are transferred, Annie was also transferred to Exam Department. This is when I start feeling lonely, everybody is leaving, and ultimately I will be the only person left in UTAR. The fear sorts of provoke me wanting to leave too...

However, provoking normally will not last long. After few weeks, the anxious feeling of wanting to leave has cooled down, then I start thinking -- maybe UTAR isn’t all that bad.

Maybe it is really destiny. The low yearly increment has caused me make up my mind to leave. When I first got the news, I really can't believe that everyone actually has same standard increment. It means no matter how good you are, how matter how hardworking you are, you are still getting the same increment with everybody else that might not even done half of what you are doing. Isn't that really unfair? Moreover, how fast can you salary raised if you are only getting RM100 increment each year? That's when I learned that it is time for me to leave.

I do not expect a four, five thousand salary per month, but it should be relatively enough for me to spend and save at the same time. I really cannot imagine myself working for few years, but not even a penny in my bank account.

I know I am realistic but who are not?

No comments:

Post a Comment