Friday, September 18, 2009

Art/ Design


I just completed the front cover design for Orientation Booklet for October 2009.

Things changed really fast and it is really true when people said that you will change as you grow and as you have different experience.

Still remember when I was much younger, I used to really hate art or anything that have anything to do with art. Art is always one of my biggest nightmare during my study time, especially when I was taking Introduction to Arts in Foundation. I am sure that people who took Foundation with me still remember how horrible I did for the practical of the subject. Every time before I submit my work, my friend, normally is Jenn, who will have to help me to sharpen the work. (Thank you so much babes!)

Somehow or other, after I come into UTAR, my interest in arts suddenly grows. I started to feel that art/ design is such an interesting subjects and it is not as bad as how I would imagine. Although I am always not directly involve in the production of our designs, brainstorming seems to be constantly interesting and motivating.

Throughout the years, I have believed that I will always do horrible in arts; I am always horrible when it comes to design. This feeling is so strong especially when I am surrounded by people/ friends who are really fantastic in such things.

However, when I start working, to my surprise, I am actually the most creative staff in the department. Ever since then, all the design will be handled by me. I have to say I am really shock when first work passed to me.

Although my design is not as good as others, it is not even comparable with my wonderful friends, at least now I have gained confident to do a design work independently. It might not be the best, but it will always be the work that I put in my best effort.

Cover - Booklet Oct 09 Orientation

No comments:

Post a Comment