Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You Are Just YOU!!! The only YOU!!


Sometimes did you ever wonder why you are not as good as other people? Sometimes did you ever wonder what your talent is? When seeing all the friends surrounding you is particularly good at something, looking back at yourself, seems like you have nothing at all, there is nothing that you can feel proud of yourself. I also used to think like this. In fact, once in awhile, this pessimistic thought will still pop up in my heart~~ But, I will chase it away immediately, because I know what I have and what I should proud of now.

When I was in primary school, I was a very very quiet girl. (It sounds not very convincing right? I know, but trust me, it is the truth.) All I did during recess is just sat in the classroom alone, reading my books. Most of my primary schoolmates are pretty, smart, intelligent, outspoken and active. (In fact more than half of them are already married.) A lot of them are either involve in ballet, dancing, or singing. Even if they are not involved in those activities, they will be good at studies, drawing, presentation, or story telling. Looking back at myself, I am good at none of these, which efficiently pulled down my self esteem.

When I proceeded to secondary school, although I became more outspoken and more active in joining activities, my self-esteem was still not high. I have 2 best friends, Yah and Wen. Yah is a super intelligent students, she is always the top scorer in class; whereas Wen has always been a perfect housewife, she is good in anything that has to do with house. As for me, I excel in neither.

The worst time in my life, must be my university life. I choose PR. I entered the course with the mind set that PR is a very easy course, all I need to do is just to talk, how naive is that? I entered the course without knowing that there are a lot of art involved and frankly speaking, I sucks at art. I am the only person cannot produced the art work properly; I am the only person who can't draw. I think I must be the only person in class that needed Jenn to help me to fix it before submitting.

My best friends in university are Jo, Jenn, VY, Chew Lay and Candy.

Jo and Jenn is good at anything that has to do with arts - playing piano/ organ, singing, dancing, designing, drawing, photography, posing and etc. Jenn can even do ballet and Taekwondo. Their creative ideas always come so fast, sometimes I found it really difficult to catch up with them. Being around them, sometimes I felt really little; I felt that I don't belong in their world. I don't share the same common sense with them and sometimes I don't even have the same interest with them. A lot of time when I am around them, I don't know what to say at all. I was always too afraid to open my month; I was too scared that I might make myself looked stupid or I might say the wrong things.

VY is always intelligent in playing with her words. Sometimes, what she said really amazed you. She is always able to say something that you never expected.

Chew Lay and Candy are always the centre of the attention. They are so special and pretty, almost every guy will lay their eyes on them. Both of them are skinny and attractive, which is something that I could never achieve.

Kelvin, I am writing this blog entry is because I want you to know that I also used to have such feelings, feeling that I am not as good as other people, feeling that I have nothing to be proud at.

However, I have learned something very important throughout these years. Friendship is the most important thing that we should feel proud at. Having talents or special abilities are not the reasons why people likes you, and of course are not the reason why you get friends. People likes you only because you are you, the ONLY special you.

I am sure that I will never meet another Kelvin that is just like you. A person who is as hardworking, as kind, as gentle, as naughty, as intelligent, as talkative (when you want to be, i.e. FB or MSN) as you. There will not be another Kelvin who will like camhoring as much you. There will not be another Kelvin who goes through all these fun time with us.

I want you to know that, you are special to me; you are special to all of us. Stop wondering that what you have to be proud of, because I can tell you right now, it is us, a group of friends will always support you no matter what happen. You should feel proud and happy that you have us, just like how much we are proud of you. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment