Monday, December 28, 2009

Working in TOA~~


After reading through my blog, I just noticed that I have not written anything regarding my new job. I have been working in The One Academy (TOA) for more than a month. A lot of people have asked me how is the company and the working environment.

Firstly, it is very tiring to work here. Let not go into the workload, just looking at the location of the office is worse enough. The office is located at 3rd Floor, which is the same level with where DSA, PJ Campus located in FICT. But, there is a huge difference between both offices; UTAR has lift where TOA does not have. As all the administrative offices are at Ground Floor, every day I have to climb up and down from Ground Floor to 3rd Floor. But, looking at the bright side, it is a good method for me to exercise. (^_”)

Most of the time, I am always alone in the office. Why? All lecturers in my department are guest lecturers, which mean that they will only come to college whenever there is class. As my boss, who at the same time is a celebrity, with so many shooting, he will only come in the office twice a week. What this means? It means the office is all mine during all other four days. Nowadays, MSN, playing FB, blogging, reading novel are most of the things that I have been doing in the office. Although there is no one talking to me in the office, I gained a lot of freedom, which is even better isn’t it? (^_^)

As my boss is always not in the office, I need to represent him most of the time. Attending meeting on his behalf; dealing with other departments on his behalf; liaising with Principal’s secretary on his behalf. Doing this job, it is very important for me stay focus, which most of the time is quite hard for me. It also requires me to make right decision in just a glimpse of eyes, which most of the time make me worry, worry that I may not make the right decision.

People asked me, do I miss UTAR? Duh! Of course I do. I miss having lunch with Jia, Vincent and Chiang. We always go around trying new food and nice food; I miss meeting with students, having discussion with them on the upcoming events; I miss running around for students’ event, sometimes I can even forget about my lunch and dinner; I miss guiding students on minutes writing, seeing them improve would be my biggest satisfaction of the day; I miss flower selling during Convocation. Although it is very tiring, working together with SL, Vivian and other students is always so fun; I miss the office, it is always full with my noise and laugh; I miss sitting next to Vincent, although I always teased at him.

I miss everything in UTAR, regardless it is good or bad. But, new job isn’t so bad either. At least I know I know I will be able to learn new things here and one day, I will find something in TOA which is also very important for me. (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment