Thursday, October 24, 2013

Little Things in Life

It's the third day of Creative October 2013 and I am already dead tired. I have not been able to sleep till 2am since last Tuesday and it is really BAD!!

Creative October is one of our annual signature events whereby speakers are invited to conduct a sharing or workshop on topics which are not related to Interior Design. In fact, comparing to ID Week, this is actually an event where I can sort of relate more to myself.

This year, I have been really honored to be able to invite Michelle Teh from Nom Nom Media, a sub-company of Nuffnang to come to share about "Social Media vs. Lifestyle".

The sharing was light yet interesting. From my observation, the students and staff really enjoyed themselves, which is great!! It is definitely so much better especially comparing with the speaker on earlier day. Let's just not go into details for the earlier talk, as it is not going to sound nice.

When I first started blogging, I have always been really envy those bloggers who can just earn a living by just blogging. It seems easy, but it is definitely not easy AT ALL. You must be really passionate and maintain the consistency. Sadly, it happens to be quite difficult for me.

Anyway, starting blogging with the mindset of wanting to get famous and earn money is definitely not a good start.

After couple of years of trying (did I even tried?!), I finally figured out that blogging is just not my cup of tea. I can't even fulfill the simplest requirement - consistency. And so, I decided to give up and stop thinking about it. BUT, I have always remember Nuffnang, being such an important community for all the bloggers.

This round, when I was searching for blogging, I decided to engage Timothy Tiah, one of the founders of Nuffnang. Unfortunately, he was unable to make it due to some family reason. BUT, it was really kind of him to help to dedicate the task to his other colleagues - Michelle, which turns up to be a really great speaker!!

Somehow, I was thinking that, things really happened for a reason. Little things in life may not seems important, but one day, just one fine day, it is going to turn back and bring some impacts (regardless big or small) to our life.

It is really important to be appreciative on our daily life and be responsible to what we do and what we say, because I believe in karma. Things will always turn back to us at the most unexpected timing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P/S: Correction to my previous post - Facebook vs. Blogging (http://newlife1126.blogspot.com/2013/10/facebook-vs-blogging.html), I have spoken with Michelle today over lunch, apparently the number of bloggers have been increasing on daily basis. Conclusion, probably it is only happening around my friends' circle.


No comments:

Post a Comment